✔️ We'll do the initial WordPress setup (premium Divi theme, necessary plugins, DNS redirect for your domain, Coming Soon page, etc.) so you're ready to log in on the first day, ready to go
✔️ Friday and Saturday live training with open office hours on Sunday to ask questions about your own website
✔️ Lifetime updates to the Divi theme (until you decide to replace it with another theme)
✔️ Lifetime access to the private Facebook group to ask questions and continue learning
✔️ Lifetime access to the original live course and all its updates that's accessible 24/7
✔️ Cloud hosting included for the first year ($149/year after, discounted from our usual $199/year)
✔️ Daily backups of your website
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
How does The Weekend Website work?
- Invest in The Weekend Website by the deadline (3 days before the course start date).
- Follow the pre-coursework instructions in your Membership Dashboard for your domain, branding, etc. (For example, you’ll have to add Kim to your domain so she can set up your website for you to log in on Day 1.)
- Request access to the private Facebook group to introduce yourself. Pin this group so you can go back and ask questions!
- Schedule time to attend the live training with no distractions.
- Continue building your website after the training is complete!
How will this help me?
Over a weekend, you’ll learn how to use WordPress to make your own website. You’ll go from no website to a simple yet awesome responsive website during our live training. That means better SEO (search engine optimization) for your business!
Will this work if I already have a website?
Yes, but you will need to contact us at email@example.com if your website is anything other than WordPress!
We can save all of your content on your existing WordPress site and move it to the new theme.
Can I do this with no tech skills?
Yes, you can! We will show you how to work with WordPress, the theme, plugins, etc. You don’t need to be a coder. As long as you know how to somewhat work your computer ????, you’ll be just fine!
Will I be able to add more to my website after the course?
Heck, yes! I’ll even show you how to duplicate pages to make the process even easier! You can make your own photo updates, content updates, and more…easily.
What are we going to cover in this course exactly?
Friday night’s schedule
We’ll cover the following the first night:
- Signing into your website
- The basics of WordPress
- Adding your logo and fonts to the premium theme you get with this course (Divi by Elegant Themes)
- Divi Basics
We’ll cover this hefty schedule on Saturday. Don’t worry: we’ll take frequent breaks AND a lunch break!
- Plugins: what you’ll need (and won’t need!) and why
- Beginner’s Guide to SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Creating the 5 core pages: Home, About, Services, main Blog page, Contact (with form)
- Creating a blog post
- Creating the Header
- Creating the Footer (social media, etc.)
- Working with the Menu
- Creating an Opt-In form
- Implementing Legal Pages
Sunday’s office hours
On our last day, you’ll be able to ask questions in real time and get help with your specific website! It is important to work on your website during this day. We know that if you don’t put the time into your website, you’ll never finish it. We want you to be able to publish this website by the end of our time on Sunday and feel good about it.
Want to hire a website designer?
You need to know what to ask first.
Thinking of hiring out that new website? Before you contact anyone, check out our 10 things to ask before you even start your search!